Treatment of Ocular Diseases
Early detection and regular follow-ups of ocular diseases are essential in slowing their progression and preventing or eliminating vision loss. An eye doctor in Eagle, Idaho, Star, and Boise provides services to track, screen, and treat eye diseases.
Taking Care of Your Eyes
At Six One Six Vision Center, our top priority is caring for your eyes and maintaining their health through regular eye health evaluations, information, and knowledge. We provide diagnosis, management, and treatment of ocular diseases that affect the human visual system and eye. Some examples include:
- Macular degeneration – our office has the technology to detect even the the most subtle progression of this vision threatening condition.
- Conjunctivitis – Often called “pink eye,” conjunctivitis is a common eye disease, especially in children. It may affect one or both eyes. We can diagnose your type of conjunctivitis and prescribe you the appropriate treatment to get your eyes feeling and looking better.
- Blepharitis – This is an inflammation of the eyelids in which they become red, irritated and itchy and dandruff-like scales form on the eyelashes. It can cause burning and stinging of the eyes, as well as dry eyes.
- Diabetic retinopathy – Diabetic retinopathy is a condition that occurs in people who have diabetes. It causes progressive damage to the retina, the light-sensitive lining at the back of the eye. Diabetic retinopathy is a serious sight-threatening complication of diabetes.
- Glaucoma – A disease of the optic nerve that leads to progressive peripheral vision loss (side-vision loss). It is often referred to as a “silent” disease because it is painless, and without an eye exam can go undiagnosed for many years until it starts to cause symptoms.
- Cataracts – A cataract is a cloudy or opaque area in the normally clear lens of the eye. Depending upon its size and location, it can interfere with normal vision. Most cataracts develop in people over age 55, but they occasionally occur in infants and young children.
Our optometrist at Six One Six Vision Center are highly skilled and have done extensive research on the mechanics of ocular diseases, diagnosis and treatment.
Contact Us Today
You may wonder to yourself, “Where can I find an eye doctor near me in Boise, Idaho, Meridian, or Nampa?” The answer is Six One Six Vision Center. Contact us today at (208) 514-1858 to schedule a no-obligation appointment. You can also submit a completed online request form.